This is to announce that the Past & Present Reading Group will be meeting to discuss, on a weekly basis, our next text which is Henri Lefebvre, The Production of Space.
As previously, we will meet Fridays, 1:00-2:00, with our meetings in Semester 2 to be held at Abercrombie Business School, Seminar Room 2003.
The first meeting of the group is scheduled for Friday 3 August and all are welcome.
The previous twelve books read by the group have included the following past and present classics in political economy, with a commentary written on each text by a member from the group:
- J.K. Gibson-Graham, Jenny Cameron and Stephen Healy, Take Back the Economy: An Ethical Guide for Transforming Our Communities.
- Silvia Federici, Caliban and the Witch: Women, the Body and Primitive Accumulation.
- Louis Althusser, Reading Capital: The Complete Edition.
- Jason W. Moore, Capitalism in the Web of Life: Ecology and the Accumulation of Capital.
- Suzanne de Brunhoff, Marx on Money.
- Susanne Soederberg, Debtfare State and the Poverty Industry: Money, Discipline and the Surplus Population.
- Nicos Poulantzas, State, Power, Socialism.
- Samuel Knafo, The Making of Modern Finance: Liberal Governance and the Gold Standard.
- Charles Post, The American Road to Capitalism: Studies in Class Structure, Economic Development and Political Conflict, 1620-1877.
- Fernando Henrique Cardoso and Enzo Faletto, Dependency and Development in Latin America.
- Costas Lapavitsas, Profiting Without Producing: How Finance Exploits Us All.
- Peter Thomas, The Gramscian Moment: Philosophy, Hegemony and Marxism.
Adam David Morton
The set image for this post is ‘City’ by Celine Meisser