In September, Progress in Political Economy will be one-year old!
Prior to celebrating that anniversary and thanking our readership, we are taking a break for the rest of the month of August from our regularly twice or three-times a week blog posts.
The PPE site will carry events notices throughout this month, notably in relation to the seminar series run within the Department of Political Economy, but a break is always good for the writers and readers as we plan some fresh and novel copy for the final quarter of the year.
In September there will be a number of features that we will be running on PPE.
These will include in and beyond September:
- a digital audio recording of Erik Olin Wright’s 8th Annual Wheelwright Lecture;
- a forum on Samuel Knafo’s book The Making of Modern Finance, flowing out of the Past & Present reading group but including wider international contributions too;
- a translation of an article by Karl Polanyi on issues of emigration;
- a feature on Nicos Poulantzas’ book State, Power, Socialism;
- additional contributions from the Marxism Reading Group and its fellows within the Centre for the Study of Social and Global Justice; and
- much more besides!
So we look forward to celebrating that one-year anniversary, establishing further contacts with and contributions from islands of political economy heterodoxy, and kicking on as successfully into the second year of building Progress in Political Economy!