Last month the School of Social and Political Sciences (SSPS) within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Sydney hosted its annual Prizes Ceremony for 2016.
This is always a key event in the calendar when the Departments of Anthropology; Sociology and Social Policy; Government and International Relations; and Political Economy award prizes to the most outstanding undergraduate and postgraduate students within SSPS.
It is a major occasion for the students and their wider family members to celebrate their achievements and this year the event was hosted in Maclaurin Hall with the address given by Emeritus Professor Dick Bryan, from the Department of Political Economy.
Below is a carousel of images from the evening while more photographs from the night are available HERE. All the images are courtesy of Nena Serafimovska.
The complete list of prize winners from the Department of Political Economy were:
- Matthew Ryan – Frank Stilwell Award in Political Economy
- Ruth Fesseha – The Geelum Simpson-Lee Prize
- Domenico Leonello – The J.K Galbraith Prize (Shared)
- Amy Fairall – The J.K Galbraith Prize (Shared)
- Llewellyn Williams-Brooks – The Paul M. Sweezy Prize
- Nicholas Peterson – The Gunnar Myrdal Prize
- David Gardiner – E. L. Wheelwright Prize
- Fiona Alamyar – Sir Hermann Black Prize
- Emma Penzo – Jo. Martins Prize in Political Economy