- Two full time continuing opportunities at our Camperdown Campus
- Opportunity to join a leading social sciences school
- Academic Level B, Base Salary $110,856 – $131,639 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Social and Political Sciences (SSPS) is seeking to appoint two Lecturers (Level B) in the Department of Political Economy. These lectureships will further consolidate SSPS as a key centre for research and teaching in political economy. The successful appointee will teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, pursue an independent research agenda while contributing to strategic research priorities, and play a role in initiating new strategic research and teaching initiatives within the school, faculty and University.
Staff in the Department of Political Economy conduct research on globalisation, development, the environment, energy, labour, gender, race, history of economic thought, inequality, neoliberalism, public policy, markets and finance. They work in a variety of traditions (including post-Keynesian, Marxian, feminist, and institutionalist perspectives) across a number of discipline areas (including economic history, the history of economic thought, economic sociology, geography, international political economy, development studies and labour studies).
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- pursue an active research program aligned to Department goals
- produce high quality publications
- participate in the department’s research culture
- contribute to teaching at all levels
- undertake appropriate administrative roles and curriculum development as required.
We are looking for a Lecturer in Political Economy who possesses:
- a PhD in political economy or a cognate field
- an ambitious research agenda with a track record appropriate to career stage
- teaching experience at the undergraduate, and, ideally, the postgraduate level
- the ability to teach into core undergraduate units in the political economy curriculum
- strong communication, collegial and team-based skills.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 8 December 2021
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the following link: https://bit.ly/3qydKWL